The College runs a Health Home. A recognized medical practitioner of the locality is attached to it. He comes to the College once in a week and treats such students who need medical attention.
After graduation it will be a challenging task to pick up the right career when there are so many possible options. What are your interests and desire? Which are you good at? What if you like to learn? Where can you find out more about what people in different professions do all day? Who can tell you the best – Any student of the college may take the career related assistance from the Career Counselling Cell of the college.
Free of cost coaching is given for entry into different types of Govt. Services such as P.S.C (WBCS, Misc, Clerkship), School Service commission, Staff Selection Commission, Bank, Rail, Defence Services etc. to the students belonging to SC, ST, OBC, PH, Minorities BPL Categories, General Category students may also apply with a nominal fee. Female students of other colleges may also apply for this programme.
Keeping in mind the social inequalities on India and the position of disadvantaged groups Berhampore Girls’ College Equal Opportunity Centre was duly formed with the guidelines of U.G.C. This centre is carrying out its activities with utmost sincerity.
Facilities available for differently-abled persons:
1. The Unit ensures admission of as many differently-abled students as possible through the open quota and also reservation quota as per Govt. rule.
2. The college provides hostel facilitiesin the college campus to the differently-abled students coming from remote areas.
3. Classes are beingspecially arranged in the ground floor class room for orthopedically challenged students.
4. The Unit provides differently-abled students in the university examination at the home centre and were also provides extra 30 minutes time with special permission from the university.
5. The unit supplies the book “Sphuron” ” published by the Commissioner (Disabilities) of Govt. of West Bengal to get the information about the orders relating to reservation, fee concession, examination procedures etc among the differently-abled students.
6. The unit provides counselling to differently-abled students on the type of courses they could study at the higher education institutions.
7. The Unit conducts special awareness programmes for teachers and students.
8. The Unit celebrates World Disabled Day in the institute.
9. The institute has special facilities such as ramps, rails and special toilets for the differently-abled persons.
“ The child is father of the man And I would wish my days to be Bound each to each by natural piety.”
-- William Wordsworth.
In order to show respect to the words of Shakespeare, Fielding , Blake , Wordsworth , Lamb and De Quincey , Berhampore Girls’ College has been starting to pay attention to the needs of child by opening U.G.C. sponsored Day Care Centre under the supervision of Prof. Mamata Samaddar on 29.11.2010. The movement of children in the lap of Nature in Berhampore Girls’ College reminds the present In Charge of Day Care Centre , Prof. Keya Ghatak, “ Prosperity is the blessing of the old Testament.”
Students belonging to SC, ST, OBC, PH, Minorities, BPL categories are eligible for this coaching which is provided free of cost. General category students may also apply under certain conditions. In this coaching, special classes are conducted beyond the regular time table to improve the performance of students belonging to weaker sections of the Society.
The Berhampore Girls' College Students' Union, which is carrying out a history of non-political nature, is always dedicated to make life in the college a harmonious whole and to foster self reliance, responsibility a sense of honour and dignity among the students. It always tries to promote active co-operation with the college authorities for maintaining discipline. Also it places rightful demands and constructive suggestionss to the college authorities in regards to the matters affecting the interest of the students. It is worth noting that such a distinguishing character of the Students' Union is highly commendable.
The Executive Committee of the Students' Union is primarily responsible to accomplish all goal-oriented functions as stated in the constitution of the students' Union. the Executive Committee of the Union consists of the following members :
1. The President of the Union (The Principal of the college is the Ex.officio President of the union)
2. The General Secretary (Sadharan Sampadika)
3. (a) The Magazine Secretary (Patrika Sampadika)
(b) The Games Secretary (Krira Sampadika)
(c) The Social Secretary (Anandan Sampadika)
(d) The Debating Secretary (Bitarka Sampadika)
(e) The Cultural and Common Room Secretary (Biram Bhaban Sampadika)
(f) The Students Welfare Secretary (Chhatri Kalyan Sampadika)
(g) The Science Secretary (Bigyan Sampadika)
(To be elected by and from among the Students of the First Year, Science classes)