The Amiya Granthagar the main library of the college is situated in the southern wing. Covering an area of 5670 sq. ft. the library has in its stock more than thirty thousand useful books and a wide number of journals and encyclopedias. Books are issued twice a week to Honours students and once a week to General Students for fourteen days. Number of books that can be issued to each student at a time from the Amiya Granthagar are :
1st Year : Honours – 1, General – 1
2nd Year : Honours – 2, General – 1
3rd Year : Honours – 2, General – 1
Name Designation Mrs. KakaliSahoo, MLISc Librarian Mrs. SharbaniMajumder Library Clerk Mrs. Supriya Pal Library Assistant Mr. Sujit Das Casual Library Assistant
The library is open on all working days, from 10.00 a.m.to 5.00 p.m. (Monday to Friday) and from 10.00 a.m. to 2.00 p.m. (Saturday). During the examination period Library also remains open as usual.
Information retrieval is done through card catalogue and being facilitated through OPAC of SOUL and KOHA software. DSpace is also used for retrieving digital repository of the college library.
Book Issues & Lending
NO. OF BOOKS THAT CAN BE ISSUED TO EACH STUDENT AT A TIME
1st year(Hons.) —1 (General)—1
2nd year(Hons.)—2 (General)—1
3rd year(Hons.)—2 (General)—1
LENDING OF BOOKS TO STUDENTS FROM BOOK BANK
Minimum two books are issued to the willing students of Part-I, which they can keep with them till the final examination of Part-I.
Library Fines & Penalties
Fine system is applicable only for students. They pay as fine fifty paise per working day.
Journals & Magazines
Name Periodicity ALL AMEEN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL SCIENCES Quarterly CURRENT SCIENCE Fortnightly DOWN TO EARTH Fortnightly ECONOMIC & POLITICAL WEEKLY Weekly INDIAN JOURNAL OF PHYSIOLOGY& ALLIED SC. Quarterly RESONANCE Monthly THE ATLANTIC LITERARY REVIEW Quarterly THE INDIAN ECONOMIC & SOCIAL HIS. REVIEW Monthly INDIAN JOURNAL OF MEDICAL RESEARCH Monthly THE INDIAN JOURNAL OF NUTRITION & DIETETICS Quarterly THE INDIAN JOURNAL OF POLITICAL SCIENCE Quarterly THE QUEST Bi-Annual EDULIGHT-PEER REVIEW JOURNAL Bi-Annual UNIVERSITY NEWS Weekly COMPETITION AFFAIRS Monthly NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC Monthly SCIENCE REPORTER Monthly DESH Fortnightly
LIBRARY SERVICE TO OUTSIDE USERS
Besides the college community, Ex-students, members of the Alumni Association and other potential users of the locality are allowed to use the reading room of the library on day-issue basis.
PERIODICALS AND BOOKS ON CAREER GUIDANCE AND GENERAL INTEREST
- Competition Affairs
- Careers 360 (every month we receive it as Library copy)
- Science Reporter
- Employment News
- Karmakshetra (Bengali)
- Karmasanshtan (Bengali)
Apart from these there is a small collection of Career Guidance Books which includes-Guide to IIT JAM of various science subjects, Guide to SLST of various subjects and books of General Interest.
1. Lending facility to students and staff members;
2. Book Bank facility;
3. Reference service;
4. Reading Room service;
5. Current awareness service;
6. Career Guidance Books;
7. User Education, Library Orientation;
8. Bibliographic service;
9. OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) along with Card Catalogue facility;
10. Access to Internet for e-resources;
11. Access to online e-journals and e-books under N-LIST;
12. Wi-Fi facility;
13. Reprographic service;
14. Printing and scanning facility;
15. Open access for books and Journals;
16. Information deployment and notification service;
17. IDR (Institutional Digital Repository) service;
18. Guidance in project works of students and outside users; and
19. Best user of the year is awarded.
IDR (INSTITUTIONAL DIGITAL REPOSITORY)
Recently, an in-house digital repository has been developed by using the LINUX based open source software DSpace. The repository includes university question papers, university syllabi, research papers and articles of teachers, question bank of different subjects and some model answers prepared by the college teachers.
1. Initially Windows based SOUL software developed by INFLIBNET was used as database software, but a transition to a more robust Linux based software KOHA in initiated and work of up gradation is in process.
2. OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility introduced in library.
3. 08 computers are now available in the library with Internet and LAN facilities. 05 computers are available for the public access and 03 computers for the smooth functioning of the library works.
4. Free Wi-Fi facility is available for students in the library.
5. 05 printers are now available in the library.
6. INFLIBNET facility has been introduced for accessing e-journals and e-books.
7. Library Repository has been developed by using the DSpace software.