To get Aadhaar card, you can use your Aadhaar number, registration ID, virtual ID and many other ways. You can learn how to get Aadhaar using DigiLocker in this guide.
Indians must obtain an Aadhaar number in order to receive certain government benefits. The file is used to confirm the identity and location of the person. Aadhaar is a unique 12-digit code issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI).
After registering your Aadhaar card at Aadhaar office or bank / post office, you can download and copy UIDAI Aadhaar using your registration number, virtual ID or Aadhaar rate provided by UIDAI Leverage.
After making the decision, the person can get the Aadhar card by the method described below.
Enter your Aadhaar number to receive your Aadhar card.
- 1 How to download e aadhaar card
- 2 Using a Virtual ID to obtain an e-Aadhaar Card (VID)
- 3 misplaced your Aadhaar
- 4 Download Aadhaar Card without Aadhaar number or EID
- 5 How do I remove e-Aadhaar from my DigiLocker profile?
- 6 How to Obtain an Aadhaar Card that is Masked?
- 7 How to Download Aadhaar Card without registered mobile phone number
- 8 How to acquire an e-Aadhaar using the Umang App?
- 9 How to Use Your Phone to Look Up Your Aadhaar Number?
- 10 How to print an e-Aadhaar card after downloading it?
How to download e aadhaar card
Follow the steps below to obtain and print an e-Aadhaar card via the Internet.
- Step 1: Go to https://uidai.gov.in/ and navigate to the reputable Aadhaar website.
- Step 2: You need to go to https://eadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ or go to My Aadhaar menu and select “Download Aadhaar”.
- Step 3: Go to the drop down menu and select the “Aadhaar Number” available on the website.
- Step 4: Enter your 12 digit Aadhaar card number and security code, then select “Send OTP” to get the required one time security code required by mail to your registered Aadhar cell phone number.
- Step 5: If you want to download Masked Aadhaar, select “Masked Aadhaar” option.
- Step 6: Connect to OTP sending and click on “Open and download”
- Step 7: Click OK and you will see the password protected Aadhaar Map PDF in your Downloads folder. An 8-digit password is required to open the file.
Your password consists of the first four letters of your mobile number, as in Aadhaar, followed by your year of birth in YYYY format.
Using a Virtual ID to obtain an e-Aadhaar Card (VID)
Virtual ID is a new UIDAI Aadhaar pull-up website that allows users to access Aadhaar numbers. Follow the steps below to get your free Aadhaar card using your online virtual ID.
- Step 1: Go to the UIDAI website to get started.
- Step 2: Select “Download Aadhaar” from the drop-down menu under “My Aadhaar”.
- Step 3: Add VID option from the drop down options.
- Step 4: Enter your virtual number and protection code to generate OTP, then click “Send OTP”.
- Step 5: e-Aadhaar file to download to the device.
- Step 6: Enter the password associated with your Aadhar card to access it.
The secure password for the PDF file you receive is an 8 digit number which accepts 4 mobile phone numbers with all uppercase letters added by default, eg “Birthday”. You can get an e-Aadhar card by entering your registration number (EID).
misplaced your Aadhaar
You can still get a new Aadhaar card if you haven’t received your Aadhaar card or entered your Aadhaar number (EID) to see if your Aadhaar number is incorrect. Follow the steps below to receive an e-Aadhaar card using your registration form.
- Step 1: Go to www.uidai.gov.in to get started.
- Step 2: From the drop-down menu “Download Aadhaar. And you can see the following URL or link: https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
- Step 3: To create a new OTP for this purpose, fill in the box with your 28 digit Registration ID (EID) and security code and click the “Send OTP” button.
- Step 4: Enter OTP send to various mobile contacts and click “Open and download”.
- Step 5: Now you can get a virtual card from your Aadhaar card.
Use of mobile phone and delivery date to receive the Aadhar card.
Download Aadhaar Card without Aadhaar number or EID
If you can’t remember your Aadhaar or EID number, you can still get your e-Aadhaar by entering your cell phone number and delivery date. To receive an Aadhar card, please follow the steps below.
- Step 1: Go to the Aadhaar website and go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/misplaced-uideid.
- Step 2: Also enter your full cell phone number, email address, or other social security number.
- Step 3: Select the “Send OTP” button from the available menu.
- Step 4: After entering the OTP receipt sent to the cell phone number, click the “OTP Verification” button within 10 minutes.
- Step 5: Follow the onscreen instructions to enable sending the Aadhaar coverage to the mobile app.
- Step 6: After receiving your Aadhaar registration number on your phone, visit the e-Aadhaar page of the reputable UIDAI website.
- Step 7: Enter your 28 digit registration ID and security code, then click “Send OTP”.
- Step 8: To download Aadhaar, log into the secure OTP you received with your mobile number and select “Confirm and download” within 10 minutes.
How do I remove e-Aadhaar from my DigiLocker profile?
DigiLocker has partnered with UIDAI to expand their DigiLocker accounts with Aadhaar to cardholders. DigiLocker is a cloud-based platform for creating, storing, sharing and accessing digital information and certifications.
Allows some registrars to provide virtual or electronic copies to public “digital lockers”. Follow the steps below to download Aadhaar from your DigiLocker account.
- Step 1: Log into your DigiLocker account at https://digilocker.gov.in/.
- Step 2: Select “Login” from the drop-down option and enter 12 Aadhaar numbers.
- Step 3: Select ‘Authentication’ to get ‘OTP’.
- Step 4: Enter a one-time password (OTP) to send to your mobile phone.
- Step 5: Select “OTP Test” from the drop-down option.
- Step 6: The “Information” web page appears. Download “e-Aadhaar” using the “Save” icon.
How to Obtain an Aadhaar Card that is Masked?
- Step 1: Go to https://eadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ and follow the instructions.
- Step 2: Provide the information for your optional Aadhaar, VID or registration number (Aadhaar number, registration number or virtual ID).
- Step 3: After entering the security code, select “Send OTP” from the drop-down list.
- Step 4: Select “Hidden Aadhaar” from the drop-down option.
- Step 5: Connect to your OTP to download the Aadhaar cloned map, then click “Open and Download”.
How to Download Aadhaar Card without registered mobile phone number
- Step 1: Meet at a location near Aadhaar with the Aadhaar line of products.
- Step 2: Review the requested biometric information such as fingerprint scan and retina scan.
- Step 3: Bring your PAN number, driver’s license and other information.
- Step 4: The Center will publish the Aadhaar recordings for personal use. The size of the model is Rs 50 and the PVC version is Rs 100.
How to acquire an e-Aadhaar using the Umang App?
- Step 1: Download and run the Umang app.
- Step 2: Select “Aadhaar Card” from an online web page service.
- Step 3: Select “Show Aadhaar Cards in DigiLocker” from the drop-down options.
- Step 4: Log in with your DigiLocker or Aadhaar account.
- Step 5: Enter a one-time password (OTP) provided on your mobile phone account.
- Step 6: Select “OTP Verification” from the drop-down options.
- Step 7: Now you can click the download icon to get the Aadhaar structure.
How to Use Your Phone to Look Up Your Aadhaar Number?
- Step 1: Go to https://resident.uidai.gov.in/misplaced-uideid, a popular website operated by UIDAI.
- Step 2: Decide whether you need a registration number or an Aadhaar number.
- Step 3: Enter security number and phone number or email address.
- Step 4: Select “Send OTP” to stay up to date.
- Step 5: Get 6 OTP numbers by using your cell phone to register.
- Step 6: Enter “OTP” in the “OTP” field and click on the “Submit” button.
- Step 7: Your Aadhaar number will be sent as a text message to your cell phone number.
How to print an e-Aadhaar card after downloading it?
- If your phone number does not need to be registered with the UIDAI, you will no longer be able to download Aadhaar.
- UIDAI send OTP to cell phone list for confirmation before opening Aadhaar pdf download.
- You must have OTP to download Aadhaar maps.
- E-Aadhaar downloads are unlimited. Downloaded e-Aadhaar maps can be used anywhere with special Aadhaar maps.
- To print the file, download Aadhaar online and enter your password.
- UIDAI supports PC fingerprint software Aadhar card download, face and fast Aadhar card download.